Drunk driving has many names driving while intoxicated (DWI). Other states may call it driving while impaired, operating a vehicle under the influence (OVI) or by other names. But whatever you call a drunk driving arrest in Montgomery County, it is a very serious charge that can lead to very serious penalties if you are convicted.
One name to turn to when you face Montgomery County DWI charges
The Montgomery County DUI attorneys at Mandracchia Law LLC can help you when charged with DUI. While specific penalties vary by state and are increased for repeat offenders, generally when pleading or being found guilty of DUI you face any of the following:
- Fines and fees ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars
- A jail sentence ranging from days to months
- License revocation for up to 10 years
- Community service
- Court costs
- Towing and vehicle storage fees
- Alcohol/substance abuse education program enrollment
- Driver license reinstatement fees
- Ignition interlock program costs
- Higher insurance premiums
Our DUI lawyers in Montgomery County use various legal tactics to fight your DUI charge, including the following:
- Challenging the evidence that the prosecutor intends to use against you
- Challenging roadside sobriety tests using recognized experts to testify at trial
- Citing improper procedures or flaws in the maintenance of the breath measurement device used to estimate blood alcohol content
- Impugning the testimony of prosecution witnesses
A plea agreement may be in your best interest
When the weight of the evidence is against you and the risks of sentencing are high, our Montgomery County DWI lawyers may negotiate a plea agreement (also called a plea bargain) with the prosecutor. This may involve eliminating some of the charges against you and/or downgrading the charges to reduce penalties. While you have the right to have a trial, you may find that accepting a plea agreement is a better option for you. At Mandracchia Law LLC, we take the time to fully explain the plea agreement alternatives and possible trial outcomes so that you can make an informed decision as to how you want your case to proceed.
Aggressive and effective Montgomery County DUI law firm with criminal defense attorneys who advocate for our clients
Mandracchia Law LLC is a multi-state law firm that focuses individual attention on each client and case. Our DUI attorneys in Montgomery County proudly offer ethical, aggressive and knowledgeable representation.
Our unique team approach allows clients to benefit from our attorneys’ combined experience of more than 100 years. To speak with one of our skilled lawyers about your Montgomery County DUI charges or other legal matter, call 610-584-0700 today, or contact us online.
Mandracchia Law LLC is located in Montgomery County, serving clients in Montgomery County, Berks County, and the suburban Philadelphia area.